Hubs is always great about getting up with the kids in the morning and letting me sleep in. It's wonderful because I do not function before 10am. So with him gone by 7, I have to be up and going when all three small ones are ready to be up. Yay.... not really.
Day One went so well. All three kids slept in until after 10, amazing. I got them all dressed, fed, even managed to do my hair and clean the kitchen. The girls played quietly, Cub snuggled, and things were going so well that I thought I'd brave the grocery store. They were wonderful! Monkey held my list for me, didn't cry or try to escape the cart. Munchkin walked with me, no running, and helped put groceries in the cart and keep the Cub entertained. When we got home, they went right to their room for quiet time. I so rocked my first day time alone with them!
Imagine my surprise this morning when I was ever so gently woken up to the sounds of not one, but two babes screaming, along with the sounds of Munchkin launching herself repeatedly from the top bunk. Oh yeah, today is going to go well. So far, all three have taken turns screaming. My house is already destroyed. Given the fact that the girls only ate the marshmallows from their cereal, I'm in for sugar fueled mayhem today.
Oh and my coffee is burnt.
No comments:
Post a Comment